Wednesday, February 16, 2011

104 days until Thomas Rush Canon arrives!!


So maybe it's a little too early to start a countdown in days since we have more than 100, but time sure is flying by!  I had another OB appointment on Thursday, Tommy's heartbeat was 141 beats/minute and my blood pressure was 104/78 - all within normal limits.  Now that I'm 25 weeks along, I had to take a glucose tolerance test to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes.  To check for this, I drank a very sugary orange drink and then had my blood drawn an hour later.  Good news - no gestational diabetes!!

Well, I am finally starting to look and feel pregnant.  Tommy is kicking and moving around a lot, such a strange but fun feeling.  I really can't complain much about being pregnant, just having some annoying symptoms like acne (yuck!!!) and heartburn.  I'm also craving salsa from Taco Bueno all the time - I probably eat Taco Bueno twice a week  - which is really funny because my mom said that when she was pregnant with me she ate Taco Bueno almost every day because she wanted their salsa too.  Good thing there is one close and most importantly on the way home from work.  The only bad thing about this is that they are building an In-N-Out Burger right next to the Taco Bueno - this could be a disaster - so far I've gained ~12 pounds but with In-N-Out in Dallas now it is surely to sky rocket!!  

This weekend I'm going to register for all things baby - I have a feeling this is going to be very overwhelming - good thing my mom, Tricia and Julie have offered up their expertise and are coming along with me! 

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to see a picture of Tommy. I can't wait to meet him. :)

    ReplyDelete