Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Almost 9 months...

Wow!  So much is going on in our family right now, where do I start?  I just accepted a new position at Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth as the Nurse Manager of the Neonatal ICU and I start Monday!  I truly feel like this job is meant to be, so many things have just fallen into place.  We've decided to move to Fort Worth March 1, (can you hear my mom screaming with joy?!) and are renting the cutest little house in the Arlington Heights neighborhood.  Matt has been so supportive of me in this new job and has taken on the burden of the commute to downtown Dallas from downtown Fort Worth for me - what a husband!  Matt also was just promoted at work, his new title is "Business Planning and Analysis Manager."  So happy for him - he's worked very hard for this!  Tommy was able to transfer to Kid's Place, a day care that is for the employees of my hospital and Cook's Childrens Hospital and it is rumored to be excellent according to my reliable sources!  The only downside to the new job is working 5 days/week now (Monday thru Friday), so Tommy will be at Kid's Place 5 days/week, but he loves his day care so much now - the poor kid won't sleep while he's there because he's afraid of missing all the action! - I'm confident he will love the new one just as much.  Miss Chandra was not thrilled her little poopoo is leaving her and I know T will miss her too. 

So enough about me, onto Tommy Boy - he now has 2 teeth, bottom middle.  And has had his first illness, a couple weeks ago he developed a nasty cough and runny nose, right when G Aunt Susan and G Aunt Debbie were in town for a visit, then came down with a fever and had an ear infection in both ears - poor baby.  He did not feel good, lots of cuddle time was in store.  But then, just as I thought we were on the mend, another runny nose/cough started and then spiked a fever and had ANOTHER ear infection.  So he's finishing up round 2 of antibiotics now and is acting like he feels much much better.  Overall though, he's been a pretty healthy kiddo considering me working in a hospital and him going to day care, I'm just praying we are clear for a while now.  I hate to see him sick, it just breaks my heart. 

He's also started pulling up, first on the toy basket and then on the ottoman, I'm bracing myself for cruising next!!  We go to the pedi Friday for his 9 month check up so I'll post his stats soon, I don't feel like he's grown much this time, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment