Wednesday, July 13, 2011

8 Weeks Old

Tommy is getting bigger, smarter and of course, cuter every day.  I really am amazed at how fast he grows and develops - his newest "trick" is smiling back at me.  Matt says he's been smiling at him for "weeks" - hard to believe ;) - but I'm thrilled he smiles at me now!  Tommy's been cooing and holding his up by himself for long periods of time - such a huge change from just 8 weeks ago.  Last night he reached out and tried to grab the toys on his little gym!!! 

Last Friday Tommy had his 2-month check-up, here are his updated stats:
Weight - 10 lbs, 9 ounces (30th percentile)
Height - 21 1/2 inches (10%)
Head circumference - 39 3/4 inches (47%)
He also received his 2 month immunizations!

This past Saturday, Daddy and I dropped Tommy off with Grandma Cindy & Roland so we could have our first date since Tommy was born.  Tommy also got to meet his great-grandpa Roy and great-grandma Maryanne - they loved him up!!  It was neat to see 4 generations of the Rush family. We had a great time starting with dinner at Sushi Axiom and then a couple of beers afterwards.  I was a little afraid we would talk about the baby the whole time - not that there's anything wrong with that - but I was really looking forward to some adult convo - and after we discussed the pros/cons of taking the BOB vs the Snap N Go stroller to New Orleans this weekend (did I really just say that?) we had some very stimulating conversation!! 

More to come next week - we are going to New Orleans for the Henegan Family reunion on Friday - Tommy's first plane trip!

 July 6 - Wishing Aunt Brittany a Happy Birthday

6 Weeks Old!

 7 Weeks Old

Great Grandpa Roy & Great Grandma Maryanne

1 comment:

  1. Linds, he is so precious. WIsh I could be at the reunion. I hope to meet him soon!

    ReplyDelete